Welcome to MLP-Original-Ponies,
What is an OC, or original character? It is a character created by YOU or another fan. It is NOT a pony from the show itself.
We are a group dedicated to original (OC) and crossover characters based around the MLP:FiM series. (For those that don't get it, an original character is one created by a fan. Canon characters such as Twilight Sparkle are not OCs.)
What we want to see are characters. A "random pony" drawing, while not being a developed character, will be accepted. A sketch of random pony limbs, or similar will not be accepted, because it does not depict a character. Likewise a building, car, etc. without an original character in the picture will be rejected.
How to join
Standard group membership is open to everypony just click the 'Join Group' button on the left hand side of the main page and join as a member. Your request will be automatically approved then (once you've read the group rules) you can start submitting your pictures and fanfics to share with everypony. If you cannot see the button, contact DA, or use a computer instead of a mobile device. Don't message us as we cannot do anything about it.
Please read these before submitting to the group,
1. Your picture or fanfic must feature an original character or Crossover character. A crossover character is a character from another show drawn as a pony. Ponies from other My Little pony series must be drawn in FIM style (or your own FIM inspired style) to be accepted.
2 a. What we will reject:
- Pony Generator art will be rejected.
- screencaps, recolors, G-mods will be rejected.
- Pony bios that are nothing but text will be rejected.
2 b. Base use in any of the art folders:
- Bases themselves will be rejected. The submitted art must be complete.
- Art done with bases you have created will now be accepted, but please don't
submit them all at once - space them out over a few days.
- Unfinished collaborations will be treated as advertising, and can be put in that folder.
- Art done with other people's bases will be accepted at admin's discretion.
2 c. Exceptions:
- Bases are always acceptable in the Adoptables / Avertisements folder for
advertising "Your Character Here" commissions.
3. Your picture or fanfic should not be overly violent, pornographic or contain excessive foul language.
- Limits will be decided by the Admins, but here are a few clues:
- Submissions with the Deviant Art Mature Content tag will be rejected.
- A certain amount of blood is acceptable, but if it is too gory, will be rejected.
- Kissing will be accepted. Sex scenes (implied or explicit) will be rejected.
- A pony carrying a gun, or shooting will be accepted unless there is too much gore.
- Offsite links to mature content will be rejected.
- Use of excessive foul language may be rejected at the Admin's discretion.
- LEGAL drug use (smoking/drinking) will be accepted at the Admin's discretion.
4. Pictures that are outside the style of FiM must be artistically justified.
- Drawings that are in your own personal FIM inspired style will be accepted
just as they always have been.
- Earlier generations of pony will probably be rejected.
- Realistic horses will be rejected.
5. Pictures of Luna by herself will be rejected. Seriously, guys, stop submitting them!
6. Any picture of inanimate objects will be declined if the picture does not feature an OC.
7. All submissions should represent your best work. If you are limited to taking phone pics of your art, please take care to take the best possible photo.
- For photographs, it means clear and well-lit, with any irrelevant background removed.
- For sketches, it means drawn on clean, white paper with extraneous marks erased.
- Drawings on lined paper will usually be rejected.
- Poor phone photos of your art will probably be rejected.
- Having your art rotated will result in rejection.
- For fanfics, it means proofread for grammar and spelling errors. If we can't read it,
we will reject it.
8. Icons, bouncers, trotters, flappers and other tiny pixel art will be rejected at the moderators discretion.
9. We will only accept a drawing once. If the exact same drawing is submitted as an individual pony and as part of a group shot, or with and without backgrounds, with and without clothes, we will reject one of them.
10. No Memes!
11. No WIPs. Please wait until you finish your art before submitting it. This applies to individual submissions only. A completed page that is part of an unfinished comic, or a completed chapter in a partially written story are acceptable.
If your submission is rejected without a reason being given, please re-read the rules above, because the reason is given here.
Information on what should be submitted to each folder can be found in each folder's description.